Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mini Shop Hop with Alex Anderson

Yesterday my friend Jill and I went on a mini shop hop. We visited 3 shops, 2 of which I had never been to, they were all great! First was Main Street Quilts in Martinez, CA, then Thimblecreek in Concord, CA, and the last was The Cotton Patch in Lafayette, CA..this is where we were able to hear and see Alex Anderson talk about her quilting past and present. She had many beautiful quilts with fun stories for each, she's a very nice lady! It was just such a perfect day. Patrick kept Nicholas and they had a great time together. The girls of course went to the mall...whatelse is there to do on a saturday afternoon??? haha...
This is a cherry apron panel, it was so cute all made up! Can't wait to get it done :-)

Dinosaur quilt kit for Nicholas of course. It's just adorable in person, the colors are to die for.


Patrick gave me a beautiful tower of fq's for Christmas and I lucked out yesterday to find the fabrics made up in this beautiful quilt pattern at one of the shops. So..I bought the pattern :-)


Signed by "Alex Anderson"...what an awesome lady. So real and genuine, not what you'd think. Be sure to check out her new internet show with Ricky Timms...sounds great!


Jill introduced me to these "thimble it's" and they work wonderfully, used it this morning and not a pin prick or sore to finger to be had the rest of the day :-) Also some needles and two- 1/2 yard cuts of a wonderfully soft woven. Tea towels in my future :-)

Just too cute to pass up! Both Jill and I have this thing for Cherries right now...they're just so cute! I know...like I needed more fq's..but these are very cute! LOL

MMMM....this brown and pink is so yummy! I had to have it. Reminds me of chocolate. 3 1/2 yards total so I can come up with something nice. Might even add a solid shimmer of brown.


Another "have to have" haha...valentine post card kit. Makes a bunch of cards, I've been wanting to try this and what better way to have a kit all ready :-) Gotta love those kits.






No comments: